“Remember when it used to be farmers vs. landlords? The Class War was simple back then. There were twirled mustaches, and the villain tried to take the old farm but was thwarted by the community. There was a community. They had dances. Now the wealthiest 10% of farmers get more protection than the other 90%. That’s alarms me. I mean, just how deeply into our national psyche has this concept of a privilege class been drilled, and what are we going to .. oh wait! Kate and William are leaving the palace! (eyes rolled)”—Charles Bivona, Comment: http://WashingtonPost.com
Usually, when tornadoes strike, they will devastate a single town or small area of a state. What was unusual in Alabama was that a mass of twisters ravaged the entire northern half of the state.
No single storm took a linear path. Rather, an untold number of tornadoes hit an untold number of homes and buildings in a chaotic flurry, touching down and picking up power at different places at different times. By the time they were gone Wednesday night, the devastation was huge, in terms of lives lost, neighborhoods crushed.
”—"A Chaotic Flurry of Twisters That Spread Devastation Fast and Wide" by ROBBIE BROWN and KATHARINE Q. SEELYE | April 28, 2011
#CBDissertation #Active Voice A lecture presented at the Ludwig von Mises Institute’s “The Costs of War” seminar, the first full-scale war revisionism conference in the post-Cold War epoch. Recorded at the Mises Institute, Auburn, Alabama, May 1994. This seminar was the first anti-war conference from a libertarian (i.e., “right wing”) perspective in the post-Cold War era, and set in motion the new and broad-based anti-war movement: mises.org
“I said, ‘You want to repeal health care? Go at it. We’ll have that debate. But you’re not going to be able to do that by nickel-and-diming me in the budget. You think we’re stupid?’… When Paul Ryan says… he’s just being America’s accountant and trying to be responsible— this is the same guy that voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my health care bill—but wasn’t paid for.”—Barack Obama, supposedly caught in a candid “your mic is on” moment Friday. Right…we’re sure the White House is really unhappy with this message “leaking” to the public. (via motherjones)